The Kedarkantha Expedition The Most Well-liked Winter Hike
Kedarkantha is a popular winter hiking destination and trek in the Indian state of Uttarakhand. At an elevation of almost 4,000 meters, this is the ideal walk for those looking to satisfy their trekking cravings. Because of its unique location and breathtaking scenery, the Kedarkantha journey stands out among mountain hikes. Kedarkantha is now the highest trekking peak in the Uttarakhand Mountains. You can’t beat the beauty of Kedarkantha’s sunrises and sunsets. The walk is a traditional winter journey that offers hikers a fantastic chance to learn about the natural world and see how people in isolated villages of the Garhwal Mountains live.
The Kedarkantha trip is best during the winter
Kedarkantha often has its first snowfall around the middle of November. And it begins whenever December begins, so Snowy December is a great time to visit.
Maximum snowfall occurs in January and February, leaving a white covering of snow over the whole Kedarkantha trip throughout those months.
Kedarkantha is a unique winter journey since snowfall is guaranteed from the end of December until the beginning of March.
The juda ka Talab, as the locals call the frozen lake near our first camp, is the highlight of the winter season.
Also Read: BAKU MUSEUM OF MODERN ART
The Kedarkantha Mountains are an excellent photographic subject
The region of Uttarakhand known as Kedarkantha Trek is located in Uttarkashi. It begins in the Govind Wildlife Sanctuary national park, namely at the historic village of Sour – Sankri. The glittering tons river runs through Sour Village, which is surrounded by snow-capped mountains. After you’ve been here, you’ll know you have to come back for more. This town’s enchantment is its crowning glory. Sankri is a beautiful region with its own microclimate because to its elevation and brisk weather. Wooden homes have an endearing, rustic charm. There are many celebrations, festivals, and rites held in our rural community. People in the community still dress and eat as they have for generations. Local forms of entertainment and enjoyment include the Naati, raas, and taandi dances.
The Mountains provide a stunning backdrop for this hike. The Kedarkantha hike is located at an elevation of 3,800 meters. Kedarkantha is a triangular mountain, making it a one-of-a-kind destination for hikers. This trip will be more exploratory because of this. On the 15th of June each year, Kedarkantha has a massive fair. The indigenous language, Meru Bagwan, is used in worship of Shiva and Ganesha.
Every year, we make the pilgrimage to Kedarkantha to honor our gods Shiva and Ganesha.
On the 15th of June each year, Kedarkantha has a fair that draws visitors from all around the region.
These moments of shared celebration, accompanied by traditional music and drumming, are central to the festival’s meaning.
The panorama from the peak of Kedarkantha
The most stunning Himalayan peaks may be observed from this vantage point, making the Kedarkantha trip particularly exceptional. All the mountains, including the Swargarohini Peak -I. II.III (6300 meters), Black Peak (6387 meters), and Bandarpunch Peak (6300 meters), as well as the Rupin pass range, the Supin range, Khimloga Peak, the Baraadsar Lake range, the Vishkhopri range, Ranglana Peak (5800 meters), and so on, can be seen from here.
From this vantage point, you can see the entire Har Ki Dun Valley and Ruinsara Valley Trek, as well as the Bali Pass, Borasu Pass, Sarutal Pass, and Fachu Kandi Pass Trek. All of the hikes may be seen from any given trip.
Kedarkantha Trek: When to Go
Although Kedarkantha may be hiked at any time of year, it is especially well-liked in the winter. I think these hikes are perfect for all you mountain lovers out there! It’s a great chance if you’ve always dreamed of spending time in the mountains.
The Kedarkantha hike will provide you with invaluable insight into the everyday lives of rural Nepali citizens. You’ll also get the happiness and contentment that you want.
When I first started traveling, I used to do this on every single hiking or trekking excursion I took. I have done this hike over a hundred times, and I am the foremost expert on it. These hikes appear to begin close to my hometown, and I can see the excitement on people’s faces whenever they embark on them these days. These hikes are in the middle of the spectrum between easy and challenging.
The age limit for Kedarkantha
- In my opinion, the age range for persons who can successfully complete this journey is anywhere from five to sixty.
- Yet, you really need to be in shape for this hike.
- This hike may be done at any time of year; the plans call for both summer and winter excursions.
- Ages 10 to 55 are ideal for Winter Trek, in my opinion.
- For first-time tourists, this journey will be both a relief and a delight. You will return from this trip with renewed vigor and assurance.
- In five days and five nights, you may complete the Kedarkantha journey. back and forth between Dehradun
- If you’re short on time, the entire journey from Dehradun to Dehradun may be completed in only five days and four nights.
The Kedarkantha trek is the most well-known winter hike in the Indian state of Uttarakhand
Kedarkantha is, without a doubt, the most well-known winter hike in all of Uttarakhand and perhaps all of Asia. As a result, the Kedarkantha trip is the most well-known and widely-attended winter hike in all of Uttarakhand. The winter scenery is breathtaking, and the route is usually hidden behind a heavy covering of snow. Several beautiful sights, including as lush woods, rushing waterfalls, and fertile fields, await you on the Kedarkantha journey. The beautiful scenery, including the snow-capped peaks and dense woods, is well worth the effort.
The normally green woodlands become white, giving the area the appearance of a miniature Switzerland. While this is the case, the Kedarkantha Trek is appropriate for novice hikers and even kids. When you go on a hike in the woods, you can come across some charming locals gathering fodder for their cattle in their traditional garb. The landscape is lovely, with a variety of tree species including pine, oak, and rhododendron.
The perspective changes a little in the winter. There ought to be snow everywhere, with snowy mountains and picturesque river rivulets and birds. Sankri is a tiny and picturesque market that is well-known for shopping among travelers, and getting there is like arriving in a another universe. You may stop for the night at any number of hotels or homestays and then carry on with your journey in the morning. The dawn and sunset views from here will make you feel like you’re floating in the clouds.
Kedarkantha Fun winter activities include building snowmen, sliding down hills, and pelting each other’s tools with snow. Winter hiking may be the nicest hike you’ve ever had, and taking shots in the snow is a once-in-a-lifetime experience. The nicest part is that everyone comes out to see the snow since it’s such a unique sight.
At Sankri base camp, the Moon appears close enough to touch. And the golden sunrays that greet and awaken you at daybreak from Sankri are a sight to see. Someone expressed it best: “Kuldeep Ji, you are lucky that you live here.” The day ends, and we don’t even know it. The hikers assured me that they would never leave the mountains if all of their needs could be met here.
The only thing I could say was that if everything were here, the mountains’ enchanting splendor would have to go. The unspoiled natural scenery is what calms visitors and makes them curious about the hills. Being “Pahadis,” we know how lucky we are.
Learn all about Kedarkantha’s base here
The definition of pond may be compared to a clump of hair. When there is no snow on ground, these become visible. I can’t even tell it’s winter since the snow is so white. There are lush trees and the picturesque Bugyal in the middle of the Juda ka Talab, making it a suitable camping location. Beautiful Bugyal may be seen in Kedarkantha Base Camp. Kedarkantha Base Camp is located on open land with a view of the mountain’s northernmost peak, Kedarkantha. Views of the whole Himalaya range begin at the large campground at Kedarkantha Base Camp, which is the starting point of this journey. It’s a great place to stay the night.
Is it okay if I go hiking there?
The Kedarkanhta Hike is a safe one, indeed. Every one of our experts makes every effort to ensure that our trekkers have a fantastic time.
We’ve been doing the Kedarkantha Trek for years; it’s the local trek in our area and has been quite popular since since Himalayan Hikers introduced it in 2003 to the kids at Woodstock School in Mussoorie. season of winter,
Degree of Difficulty
If you have a deep love for the mountains and see climbing as your life’s calling, you’ll love the Kedarkantha Trek, an uphill journey across the snowy peaks of Uttarakhand.
We nonetheless advise physical endurance and a proven fitness level, while the peak is only at a moderate altitude. Our experts will brief each group on the appropriate trekking gear and upcoming terrain. We recommend that first-time hikers try the Kedarkanhta peak because of its low degree of difficulty.
When may I expect the first snowfall on the Kedarkantha trail?
Snowfall is seasonal in Kedarkantha, happening most frequently in December but also occasionally in early November.
It was only on the Kedarkantha trip in 2020 that snow fell on November 19th.
I have no idea how much longer the snowfall atop Kedarkantha summit will last, although it does happen occasionally in October if there is rain.
The snowfall that begins on the 15th of December continues for many days.
Kedarkantha receives the most snow from January to February, and this snow does not easily melt until the end of May.
While making the trip to Kedarkantha in the winter, what should you bear in mind?
While the Kedarkantha walk is as rewarding as its reputation suggests, you should still come prepared. The Kedarkantha Trek is a moderate hike that travels between Sankri and
So, tell me, what are the one or two most important things I should know before making this journey?
The Winter Season
- You will require a lot of warm garments for the Kedarkantha Trek Winter Trek, for which you will need suitable nice uniform attire.
- Because winters are often chilly, only warm clothing will keep you safe on the kedarkantha journey.
- Before embarking on the expedition, always get information from the organization with whom you booked it, such as what we need to pack.
- When the temperature decreases day by day throughout the winter season, thick clothing will come in handy.
- The summer walk to Kedarkantha is especially remarkable since the weather, scenery, and temperature are all in your favor.
- During a summer journey, you should carry simply standard clothes; there is no need for heated garments. But, when trekking, you should bring all of the equipment that you will need.
- It is important to pack three pairs of hiking garments, particularly the poncho, for each season.
- Because the temperature is always normal in the summer, there is no need for warm clothing.
The Monsoon Season
- It rains periodically throughout the Kedarkantha walk during the monsoon season, especially in the Uttarakhand Mountains, so bringing dry clothes is a smart idea; even if wet, it dries quickly.
- At this time, you should pack at least four pairs of clothes; for a monsoon trip, you should not bring too warm clothing; at this time, you should bring hiking trousers and a t-shirt.
- It’s only a bit chilly in the morning and evening, and the day is comfortable for you.
- It will be simple for you to get information on each season before embarking on any journey.
- Trekkers should be aware of the following, which you can inquire about at any time: trek route, trek map, temperature, weather condition, difficulty level, trek starting point, end point, transport, view of the trek, best time to visit, How to reach Kedarkantha, trek distance, Location, and so on. Keep this information in mind before leaving.
Will there be power on the Kedarkantha trek?
In the forest area of the Kedarkantha trek, there is no electricity. At night, we use Stobe Light, Solar Light, or both, along with candles.
If you come on this journey, bring your own headlight and camera that is fully charged; if feasible, bring extra battery backup; and also bring your phone that is well charged; nowadays, most people use the same phone.
You will have the last electricity only in our hotel Sankri base, where you must charge your phone and camera battery at night.
Transactions and phone connectivity
1) Because only Jio network works at Sankri base camp, we would advise our trekkers that if they have a critical task, they should go to Mori or Purola to have a decent network in their phone. It would be preferable if you called from here. Because connectivity along the route is unpredictable, we urge individuals to complete all of their work ahead of time.
Just Wi-Fi will be available in Sankri, and it will cost between 50 and 100 rupees.
2) In the event of an emergency, Himalaya Hikers trekkers will be equipped with walkie-talkies in advance so that they may communicate with the base camp.
Why should you join Himalayan Hikers on the Kedarkantha trek?
- Himalayan Hikers is one of oldest trekking organizations, having organized treks and adventure expeditions in the Uttarakhand Himalayas for almost 30 years.
- Himalayan hikers began their adventure at Sankri Base Camp. Sankri is the starting point for around 25 treks that we organize, including Kedarkantha, Har Ki Dun, Phulara Ridge Trek, Bali Pass, Borasu Pass, and Rupin Pass. Dhumdharkandi pass is a mountain pass in India. Pass fachu kandi. Baraadsar lake, Rupin Supin walk, Nalgan pass, Kanasar lake, and several other attractions
- We are Sankri village residents that can give you with the greatest experience possible.
- We have good and experienced individuals working with us from more than 20 villages who will continue to assist you on your walk and will always be there with you during the journey.
- Himalayan Hikers ensures the safety of its trekkers and a positive experience throughout the journey, as well as sharing any mountain-related stories with you.
- Every day of the walk, Himalayan hikers will offer you nice, healthy, and delicious cuisine.
- Where can you gain Himalayan hiking experience?
- You can spend quality time with love one at either of the hotels or the homestays run by Himalayan Hikers in Sankri – Sour Village.
The Kedarkantha trek is a beautiful and exhilarating experience that offers stunning views of the Himalayas. We hope that our guide given you all of the information you need to organize your walk and make the most of your experience. Remember to pack well, acclimatize properly, and respect the environment. Happy trekking!